What did the delegates learn?
- How natural fibre insulation (NFI) is highly sustainable across its whole life cycle.
- Why natural fibre insulation is the fastest growing segment of the insulation market and how industry can keep up with demand.
- Be introduced to the leading players in the sector including both established and up-and-coming brands.
- Discover the benefits of NFI for clients, contractors and architects.
- Practical advice on how to insulate floors, roofs and walls, with a detailed practical presentation for external wall insulation (EWI).
- How natural fibre insulation can help solve the retrofit challenge.
- Mark Lynn, ASBP
- Neil Turner, Ecological Building Systems
- Umendra Singh, Soprema
- Chris Brookman, Back to Earth
- Dominic Putnam, Lime Green Products
- Martin Twamley, Steico
We were joined by members of the Natural Fibre Insulation Group, which includes the leading manufacturers, suppliers and installers of NFI in the UK.
For the past 5 years this collective of ASBP members has worked collaboratively to better communicate the multiple benefits of natural insulation, via knowledge sharing events, exhibitions, peer-reviewed briefing papers, and representation at Environmental Audit Committee inquiries.
14:00 Welcome from ASBP – Mark Lynn, Vice-Chair, ASBP/Chair, ASBP Natural Fibre Insulation Group and Managing Director, Eden Renewable Innovations Ltd/Thermafleece
14:10 Introduction to the Natural Fibre Insulation Group members
14:20 The benefits of natural fibre insulation for clients, contractors and architects – Neil Turner, UK Technical Sales Manager, Ecological Building Systems
14:35 Natural fibre insulation: The sustainable choice – Umendra Singh (Umi), Technical Expert – Bio-based Systems, Soprema North Europe
14:50 Natural fibre insulation in practice: Overview of applications – Chris Brookman, Director, Back to Earth
15:00 Example of application: External Wall Insulation (EWI) – Dominic Putnam, Head of Marketing and Business Development, Lime Green Products
15:15 Natural fibre insulation – The retrofit solution and looking beyond U-values – Martin Twamley, Technical Director, STEICO UK
15:30 Panel discussion
- Why are so many people now specifying NFI?
- How do we keep up with demand?