Join ASBP and members of the Natural Fibre Insulation Group on Thursday 3rd November, 2-4pm for the inaugural Natural Fibre Insulation Summit.
What you will learn
- Find out how natural fibre insulation (NFI) is highly sustainable across its whole life cycle.
- Hear from industry experts on why natural fibre insulation is the fastest growing segment of the insulation market and how industry can keep up with demand.
- Be introduced to the leading players in the sector including both established and up-and-coming brands.
- Discover the benefits of NFI for clients, contractors and architects.
- Get practical advice on how to insulate floors, roofs and walls, with a detailed practical presentation for external wall insulation (EWI).
- Find out how natural fibre insulation can help solve the retrofit challenge.
We will be joined by members of the Natural Fibre Insulation Group, which includes the leading manufacturers, suppliers and installers of NFI in the UK.
For the past 5 years this collective of ASBP members has worked collaboratively to better communicate the multiple benefits of natural insulation, via knowledge sharing events, exhibitions, peer-reviewed briefing papers, and representation at Environmental Audit Committee inquiries.
- Mark Lynn, ASBP
- Neil Turner, Ecological Building Systems
- Umendra Singh, Soprema
- Chris Brookman, Back to Earth
- Dominic Putnam, Lime Green Products
- Martin Twamley, Steico
14:00 Welcome from ASBP – Mark Lynn, Vice-Chair, ASBP/Chair, ASBP Natural Fibre Insulation Group and Managing Director, Eden Renewable Innovations Ltd/Thermafleece
14:10 Introduction to the Natural Fibre Insulation Group members
14:20 The benefits of natural fibre insulation for clients, contractors and architects – Neil Turner, UK Technical Sales Manager, Ecological Building Systems
14:35 Natural fibre insulation: The sustainable choice – Umendra Singh (Umi), Technical Expert – Bio-based Systems, Soprema North Europe
14:50 Natural fibre insulation in practice: Overview of applications – Chris Brookman, Director, Back to Earth
15:00 Example of application: External Wall Insulation (EWI) – Dominic Putnam, Head of Marketing and Business Development, Lime Green Products
15:15 Natural fibre insulation – The retrofit solution and looking beyond U-values – Martin Twamley, Technical Director, STEICO UK
15:30 Panel discussion
- Why are so many people now specifying NFI?
- How do we keep up with demand?
- Date: Thursday 3rd November 2022
- Time: 14:00-16:00
- Location: Online (Zoom)
- Free for ASBP members
- Free for local authorities and housing associations
- £25 +VAT for members of partner orgs*
- £40 +VAT for non-members
*ACAN, AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, CIBSE, Fit for the Future, FIS, Good Homes Alliance, natureplus, Parity Projects, Retrofit Works, Passivhaus Trust, SuperHomes, STBA, The Green Register and Woodknowledge Wales.