Please join us online this December for the inaugural ASBP Reducing Plastics in Construction Summit.
The event, held in partnership with our ASBP Reducing Plastics in Construction Group, will showcase the latest research, initiatives and solutions to reduce, reuse and recycle plastics in the construction industry.
The ASBP’s 3rd annual Healthy Buildings Conference and Expo in February 2019 sought to explore the issues and impacts of plastic waste and pollution on our planet, and identify possible solutions and alternatives to help tackle the over-use of plastics within the construction industry.
Launched in April 2019, the ASBP Reducing Plastics in Construction Group is a cross-sector membership group, bringing together stakeholders from across the construction value chain to learn collaboratively and address plastics in construction issues, both in products and packaging.
13:00 Welcome from the Alliance for Sustainable Building Products – Simon Corbey, Director, ASBP
13:10 Plastics in Construction: An overview – Katherine Adams, Technical & Research Associate/Circular Economy Lead, ASBP
13:20 Session 1: Beyond single use plastics – Waste reduction and take back schemes
- Circular takeback schemes – Jim Riley, Major Projects UK Sustainability Manager, Protec International
- Reducing packaging waste for building products – Stephanie Palmer, Head of Sustainability, Wienerberger
- Packaging waste in the housebuilding sector – Mark Turner, Consultant, Action Sustainability and Kieran Roche, Executive New Business Director, Valpak
13:55 Session 2: How can we make plastic products more sustainable?
- Recycled plastics for furniture and fit-out – Emily Skinner, Project Manager, Smile Plastics
- Flooring manufactured from waste plastic – Becky Gordon, Regional Sustainability Manager (UKIME), Interface
14:15 Short break
14:20 Session 3: How and where can we substitute plastic products
- ‘Virtually plastic free’ houses – Carl Taylor, Assistant Director of New Business and Growth, Green Square Accord
- Top alternatives to plastic construction products – Richard Broad, Projects & Communications Manager, ASBP
- ASBP members – FREE, registration essential
- Member of partner organisation* – £10 + VAT
- Non-member/General admittance – £20 + VAT
Following registration you will receive an email with joining instructions for the Zoom webinar (a few days before the event). If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*ACAN, AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, CIBSE, Fit for the Future, Good Homes Alliance, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, The Green Register and Woodknowledge Wales.