Do you really know what is in your paint? Join Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP) and members of our Paints & Finishes Group as we debunk the myths and answer the key Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
12:30 Welcome from ASBP
12:35 Frequently Asked Questions
- “What’s the difference between water and solvent-based paints?” and “Are all water-based paints ‘eco-friendly’?” – Roger Maher, Earthborn Paints
- “Can paints be completely VOC-free?” and “Are all VOCs the same?” – Michiel Brouns, Brouns & Co
- “Natural, eco-friendly, organic, vegan, cruelty-free – what do they mean?” – Morag Embleton, Celtic Sustainables
- “Why should I worry about plastics in paint?” – Edward Bulmer, Edward Bulmer Natural Paints
- “Why are natural paints the most appropriate choice for sufferers of allergies and multiple chemical sensitivity?” – Anton Boekhoudt, Keim Paints
13:25 Myth-busting panel discussion
- Myth or Fact? Natural paints are much more expensive than conventional paints.
- Myth or Fact? Natural paints are not as durable as synthetic paints.
- Myth or Fact? Natural oil based paint lets moisture wick out, helping keep timber dry and preventing rot.
13:35 Q&A from attendees
- Date: Thursday 15th June 2023
- Time: 12:30-14:00
- Location: Online (Zoom)
- Fees: Free for ASBP members, £20 +VAT for members of partner orgs*, £30 +VAT for non-members
*ACAN, AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, CIBSE, Fit for the Future, FIS, Good Homes Alliance, natureplus, Retrofit Works, Passivhaus Trust, SuperHomes, STBA, The Green Register and Woodknowledge Wales.