We celebrate a milestone birthday in 2022-23 with the 5th annual ASBP Awards. The awards have gone from strength to strength over the past 5 years and have developed a reputation for championing truly sustainable building projects, products and initiatives.
Last year’s awards were the biggest yet with 26 entrants shortlisted across 3 categories with finalists invited to present at a ‘hybrid’ awards ceremony in February 2022. Accsys, Agile Homes, Ecospheric, SNUG Homes, Elliott Wood/IStructE and URBED/Carbon Coop were eventually recognised as winners following an in-depth judging process by expert ASBP board members and online voting by ASBP members and ceremony attendees.
The ASBP is looking to be even more impactful this year and raise the profile of another cohort of stellar entrants who are accelerating the pace of change in the industry through the delivery of exemplar projects, low carbon & high-performance products and forward-thinking initiatives.
- Project category – for exemplary building projects, new-build or retrofit.
- Product category – for products at the forefront of sustainability, including the latest product innovations and industry-recognised, high-performance solutions.
- Initiative category – for forward-thinking ideas, initiatives, or tools.
As with previous years, the awards will be judged by members of the ASBP Board, who have expertise from across the construction industry. Submissions should be framed within the aspirations of the ASBP’s “Six Pillars of Sustainable Construction”.
Instructions, Entry Criteria and Application Form
The instructions, entry criteria and online application forms for each category are now live on the ASBP website. As ever, the awards are completely FREE to enter!
How to enter
- Visit the ASBP Awards 2023 webpage – https://asbp.org.uk/asbp-awards-2023.
- Under ‘Instructions, Entry Criteria and Application Form’, click the relevant category that you would like to submit an entry for – ‘Project’, ‘Product’ or ‘Initiative’.
- Carefully read through the instructions and check the entry criteria to make sure your submission is eligible.
- For Projects and Products – Download the relevant submission template and complete. This is where you can explain in detail how your submission excels across the ASBP’s ‘Six Pillars of Sustainable Construction’. You can also attach any supporting information such as plans, graphs and photos. Once this is complete, please fill in the short online form with your key details and attach the submission template (as a Powerpoint or PDF file).
- For Initiatives – Fill in the online form and share your insight with us in no more than 450 words of text (50 words summary, 400 words detailed) and framed withing the aspirations of our “Six Pillars of Sustainable Construction”.
- Click ‘Submit’. You will receive confirmation of your entry upon receipt. Good luck!
Six reasons to enter…
- Raise your organisation’s profile across industry and demonstrate that you are leading the way in your field by taking part in an ever-growing and popular awards programme that is highly regarded across the built environment sector.
- Announcement as a shortlisted entrant/finalist to our 125+ members, 2750+ mailing list, 7500+ social media contacts, 15+ partner organisations and media partner Futurebuild (60,000+ mailing list).
- Case study, product profile or short video displayed on ASBP website (if shortlisted).
- Finalists invited to present at the ASBP Awards ceremony on 23rd February 2023 in London.
- Finalists showcased at Futurebuild 2023 (ExCel London, 7th-9th March) which attracts 20,000+ visitors.
- It’s completely FREE to enter!
- 5th September 2022 – Open for entries.
Friday 14th October – Close for entries.
- Friday 21st October – Close for entries (Extended deadline).
- Early November – Shortlists announced.
- November – Site visits for project category and interviews for product category (virtual/in-person TBC). Shortlisted entrants from initiative category asked to create short video.
- Mid-December – Finalists announced.
- 23rd February 2023 – ASBP Awards Ceremony.
- 7th-9th March 2023 – Awards showcased at Futurebuild 2023.
Sponsors and partners
We’d like to thank our sponsors and partners for supporting this year’s ASBP Awards.
- Gold sponsor: Back to Earth – https://www.backtoearth.co.uk
- Silver sponsor: Bereco – https://www.bereco.co.uk
- Bronze/product award sponsor: natureplus – https://www.natureplus.org
- Media partner: Futurebuild – http://futurebuild.co.uk
- Charity partner: Article 25 – https://www.article-25.org
- Ceremony host: EDGE – https://www.edgelondon.eco
If you endorse the aspirations of ASBP and its members and would like to support this year’s Awards, please see here for more information and contact Richard Broad, Projects & Communications Manager to enquire about sponsorship opportunities – email@example.com.
Previous winners of the ASBP Awards include:
- SNUG Forest Road – SNUG Homes
- Zetland Passive House – Ecospheric
- Accoya – Accsys
- Agile’s Innovative Housing Solution – Agile Homes
- People Powered Retrofit – URBED/Carbon Co-op
- Structural Carbon Tool – Elliott Wood/IStructE
- RAFT – Harry Paticas, Retrofit Action For Tomorrow
- Regulate Embodied Carbon campaign – Architects Climate Action Network (ACAN)
- Geanaisean/n-SIP panel system – MAKAR
- Green Tiles – Colin Rice, self-builder/Cullinan Studio
- Squash – URBED & Squash Nutrition
- Bowman’s Lea step-by-step retrofit – Harry Paticas
- EcoCocon straw bale panel – EcoCocon/Straw Works
“I would like to express my gratitude to the ASBP for all the hard work they do in defining what sustainable construction could and should be. Given the love and effort that I have put into my retrofit project it meant a lot to me (and my family) to win an ASBP Award.”
Harry Paticas, ASBP Awards 2019 and 2021 winner
About the ASBP Awards
The ASBP Awards is an exciting awards programme, organised by The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products. Now in their 5th year, the awards have gone from strength to strength and have developed a reputation for championing truly sustainable building projects, products and initiatives.
The award ceremony previously took place at the ASBP’s keynote annual event, the Healthy Buildings Conference and Expo, but now take place as a standalone hybrid event at the EDGE showroom in London and online. Six winners were recognised in 2022 and case studies of previous winners from the past 5 years can be found on the ASBP website – asbp.org.uk/case-studies.