Instructions, Entry Criteria and Application Form
Before you begin, please read through the following instructions.
- Check the entry criteria below to make sure your submission is eligible for entry.
- Download the submission document template and complete. This is where you provide the bulk of information to support your submission and can explain in detail how your entry excels across the ASBP’s ‘Six Pillars of Sustainable Construction'. You can also include any supporting information within the template such as plans, graphs and photos. To keep applications succinct and ensure fairness, please follow the instructions and do not add further slides beyond the advised number.
- Where applicable, please take into account and answer the following questions when you explain how your product excels in each Pillar.
- Projects – Are there any particular projects/case studies that showcase the strengths of your product?
- Measured performance - Do you have any third-party accredited performance or life cycle analysis data for the product? I.e. Environmental Product Declaration, Cradle to Cradle, natureplus, Passivhaus, BBA, NHBC.
- Lessons learned - What lessons have been learned from the product’s development? Is there anything that could be improved?
- Replicability/scalability – Could the product be adopted/used at scale?
- Cost effectiveness/value – How is your product cost effective and how does it provide good value for the client/owner/occupant?
- Once the template has been completed, please fill in the short online application form further down this page with your key details and attach the submission document (as a Powerpoint or PDF file).
- Click ‘Submit’. You will receive confirmation of your entry upon receipt. Shortlisted entries will be announced in November 2023. Good luck!
- Products must be available on the market or close to coming to market (i.e. not at early product development stage).
- Products must be available to purchase/specify in the United Kingdom.
- Both building products (i.e. insulation, windows, paints & finishes) and systems (i.e. closed panel, off-site manufactured) are welcomed.
- We welcome submissions for both new-to-market products and industry-recognised/well-established solutions.
- Entries are expected from product manufacturers but joint submissions from more than one person/organisation are welcomed (product manufacturer and i.e. architect/client/contractor).
- Companies located outside of the United Kingdom may apply, as long as the product is available to purchase/specify within the UK.
- Shortlisted entrants may be required to record a short video to supplement their application.
- As a prize, applicable winners/finalists may receive a preliminary certification assessment of their product by the European ecolabel natureplus (subject to meeting basic certification criteria). Eligible building materials must consist of at least 85 percent renewable, mineral-abundant or secondary raw materials