Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) provide ‘environmental information about a product in a standardised format using a consistent methodology’. Demand for EPD is growing and there are now over 7000 construction product EPD worldwide.
We believe that Environmental Product Declarations have a major role to play in enabling better product choices and delivering lower carbon buildings. However, we recognise that they are complex documents and there are barriers to their uptake.
Over the last 2 years we have held a number of online training events and published a series of briefing papers on EPD, led by life cycle analysis expert Jane Anderson (ConstructionLCA).
Building upon previous webinars, this online event will update attendees on:
- The state of play for EPD – What they are, why they are needed/useful, number of EPD in the UK/world and where to find them.
- Architect’s perspective – Top 10 things to look out for when reading an EPD.
- Manufacturer’s perspective – Lessons learned from gaining an EPD, with talks from ASBP members Medite and Thermafleece on why they have undertaken the EPD process and lessons learned.
- Comparing EPD for construction products – Is this possible?
- Jane Anderson, ConstructionLCA
- David Murray, Head of Technical Affairs & Ireland Sales, MEDITE SMARTPLY
- Mark Lynn, Managing Director, Thermafleece
For more information, please contact Richard Broad, Projects & Communications Manager – email@example.com.
- ASBP members – FREE, registration essential
- Member of partner organisation* – £10 + VAT
- Non-member/General admittance – £20 + VAT
Following registration you will receive an email with joining instructions for the Zoom webinar (a few days before the event). If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*ACAN, AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, CIBSE, Fit for the Future, Good Homes Alliance, Passivhaus Trust, STBA, The Green Register and Woodknowledge Wales.