ASBP is seeking a Membership Coordinator with strong communication skills and experience of relationship building to support our fast-growing and diverse membership network.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, rounded individual, preferably with experience of working in small teams. You will be a self-starter, motivated and an effective networker.
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, have knowledge or be quick to learn about sustainable buildings. This is a communications/administration role but there may be opportunities to diversify for the right candidate.
- Follow up with event/webinar attendees and contacts who have downloaded our resources to pitch membership and where necessary set up meetings with ASBP team members to discuss further.
- Keep recruitment target list updated and report weekly on progress at team meetings.
- Engage with existing members on renewals.
- Review of membership section of ASBP website and membership form/slide deck.
- Keep ASBP member directory webpage up-to-date with current members and remove lapsed members.
- Contacts – Update and maintain contact lists including mailing lists, members and press.
- Campaigns/awards – Assist with campaigns and awards programmes where appropriate.
- Working groups/meetings – Support special interest working/steering groups if required, including concise minute/note taking at quarterly meetings, calendar invites and administration.
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Assist with general marketing around our work and events, which may include attending exhibitions to represent ASBP (all expenses will be covered).
- Days per week: Part time role – 1.5 days a week/6 days a month.
- Salary: £165/day (no VAT). 7.5 working hours per day. Payable monthly in arrears, upon receipt of invoice and completed timesheet.
- Contract period: Initial contract period of 3 months. If targets are met and performance is deemed satisfactory, the contract will be renewed.
- Reports to: ASBP Director; line managed by ASBP Associate Director.
- Based at: Our staff are based throughout the UK so remote/home working is required primarily. ASBP have shared office space in London at The Foundry, 5 Baldwin Terrace, London N1 7RU, which we use for meetings. All staff are currently working remotely full-time but keep in touch throughout the week via regular Zoom meetings.
- Start date: ASAP.
Why work for ASBP?
We are a fast-growing non-profit, membership organisation with a passion for sustainable construction (see our ‘Six Pillars‘). We have been at the forefront of the sustainable built environment agenda for over 10 years and are looking to expand our activities and membership base to further increase our impact.
As Membership Coordinator you will play a key part in our small, friendly and hard-working team as we “lead the transformation to a healthy low carbon built environment by championing the understanding and use of demonstrably sustainable building products”. Find out more about ASBP at asbp.org.uk.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to Richard Broad, Associate Director, ASBP – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 0330 355 6275 if you would like to chat anything through.