Join The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP) and Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) on Thursday 23rd July, 13:00-14:30 for a webinar on Embodied Carbon and Building Services.
This event is part of a webinar series with previous sessions on embodied carbon building design tools (29th April), Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) tools and datasets (14th May) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) (28th May). You can watch video recordings of these previous webinars for free in our resources section.
During this webinar we will explain:
- Why it is important to consider the Embodied Carbon of Building Services
- The significance of Building Services Embodied Carbon, especially for Retrofit and Fitout
- The synergies and conflicts between Embodied and Operational Carbon
- Where to find Embodied Carbon data on Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing equipment (MEP)
- What guidance is available
13:00 Welcome and introduction to Building Services and Embodied Carbon from the webinar chair - Jane Anderson, ASBP Board member and Director, ConstructionLCA
13:20 Guidance from CIBSE – Julie Godefroy, Technical Manager, CIBSE
13:40 The Impact of Building Services and MEP – Louise Hamot, Global Lead of Life Cycle Research, Elementa Consulting
Click 'REGISTER' to book your place (via Eventbrite). Following registration you will receive an email with joining instructions for the Zoom webinar (a few days before the event). If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ASBP/CIBSE members - £10.00 +VAT
- Member of partner organisation* - £17.50 +VAT
- Non-member/General admittance - £25.00 +VAT
*Partner organisations include: AECB, Building Performance Network, BWF, Fit for the Future, Good Homes Alliance, Passivhaus Trust, SEDA, STBA, The Green Register, TRADA, Woodknowledge Wales.
ASBP Embodied Carbon Workstream kindly supported by