Join the Alliance for Sustainable Buildings Products (ASBP) and natureplus for a knowledge exchange event on mass timber construction. We’ll be joined by experts from Germany and the UK to discuss the barriers to mass timber construction and how to overcome them, including insurance, fire and water related challenges. Plus, we’ll receive updates on forward-thinking initiatives and best practice design/case studies to enable more mass timber buildings.
What is mass timber?
Mass timber (short for “massive timber) products consist of multiple layers of timber, laminated using glues or fasteners to create solid panels or beams. There are several types of mass timber products including Cross Laminated Timber (CLT), Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) an Dowel Laminated Timber, commonly known as Brettstapel. Massive timber products can be utilised in many different building types, particularly in larger building structures to take advantage of their inherent strength.
Who is this aimed at?
This webinar is aimed at architects, designers, specifiers, manufacturers and anyone working within the mass timber industry.
All times are displayed in BST (British Summer Time)
13.00 Introduction and welcome – Joe Giddings, Director Timber Accelerator Hub, and Tilmann Kramolisch Director natureplus
The German perspective
- 13.10 Designing in mass timber – Jeroen Meissner, Partner and Partner
- 13.25 Mass timber, insurance and fire/water – Reinhard Eberl-Pacan, brandschutz plus GmbH
- 13.40 Supporting the timber industry and the work of the Timber Construction Initiative – Jan Bulmer, Ministry of Rural Affairs and Consumer Protection, Baden-Wuerttemberg
The UK perspective
- 14.00 Mass timber and construction/building insurance in the UK – Dominic Lion, Gallagher
- 14.15 Structure and fire protection. A solution for residential developments, with fire stopping checks in the factory – Kelly Harrison, Whitby Wood
- 14.30 Adedayo ShittuBalogun, EURBAN
Date and time
16th September 2021 13.00-15.00 (BST)
Click ‘REGISTER’ to book your place (via Eventbrite). Following registration, you will receive an email with joining instructions for the Zoom webinar (a few days before the event). If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ASBP/natureplus members – £10 + VAT
- Non-member/General admittance – £15 + VAT