Woodbuild Wales 2017 Conference and Expo will showcase exciting new developments and opportunities for timber construction in Wales.
The need for more housing in Wales has never been so great. Homes built from timber, on or off site, are the future and provide a sustainable solution to how we increase the quantity, quality and energy efficiency of our buildings. The Woodbuild Wales conference and expo represents an unmissable opportunity to get up to speed with the latest developments.
This year’s conference will also feature the launch of the UK’s first Wood Encouragement Policy adopted by Powys County Council. This visionary new policy has the potential to make a substantial and lasting impact on the development of the timber industry in Wales.
“Powys County Council is determined to develop innovative solutions to address the loss of young economically active households from our communities by creating jobs in the growth, harvesting, processing and manufacture of homes from natural timber resources grown in rural communities.”
Simon Inkson, Head of Housing, Powys CC
The conference is particularly targeted at building clients and companies involved in the design, manufacture and delivery of timber construction in Wales but is highly relevant to anyone with an interest in the future of Welsh housing and Welsh forest industries.
- Shayne Hembrow: Deputy CEO of Wales & West Housing and Chair of Woodknowledge Wales
- Peter Wilson: Timber Design Initiatives
- Ed Green: Cardiff University
- Simon Inkson: Head of Housing, Powys CC
- Welsh Government: An update on the £20 million Innovative Housing Project
- Hamish Macleod: BSW Timber Group
- Nick Grant: Elemental Solutions
- Doug Hughes: Hughes Architects
- George Mikurcik: Architype
- Jasper Meade: PYC Group
- Adrian Farey: Elwy Woods
- Glen Peters: Western Solar
- Robin Lancashire: Exova BM TRADA
- Andrew Carpenter: Structural Timber Association
- PYC Group
- Hughes Architects
- Llandre Sawn Wood
- Tir Coed
- Ty Mawr Lime
- Vintage Joinery
- Structural Timber Association
ASBP members can receive a 40% discount on tickets. Simply use promotional code WBW when purchasing tickets through Eventbrite. Click here to book