We’ll be exhibiting on stand no. F122 throughout the show. We’ve picked out a few highlights below:
11:50 – 13:20, Wednesday 8th March – Panel Discussion: The role of products and materials in the Circular Economy
- Simon Corbey MSc MRICS, Associate Director, Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP)
- Jane Thornback, Sustainability Policy Advisor, Construction Products
- Roy Fishwick, Managing Director, Cleveland Steel and Tubes
- Ryan Robinson, Co-Founder, AEROPOWDER – Rethinking waste feathers
- Richard Boyd, Arup Advanced Technology & Research, Arup Associates
This session will cover:
- Circular Economy Business Models; Reuse of materials and
components within construction
- Supply Chain Integration – barriers and opportunities for reuse
- How to overcome short term commercial interests in material
- The built environment as a rolling infrastructure of components
- Design Challenges for a Circular Economy – Flexible life buildings,
reversible connections and products
14:00 – 15:00, Tuesday 7th March – Making Life Cycle Assessments Mainstream
You are invited to celebrate the production of the first Life Cycle Assessments through the new BRE LINA tool on the joint Confederation of Timber Industries and Wood for Good Stand (E109) at EcoBuild on the 7th March.
The British Woodworking Federation is the first customer worldwide for the BRE’s new Life Cycle Assessment calculator LINA. The first results from LINA will be showcased at this launch.
This powerful calculator enables the Federation to build on the work of Wood for Good and the Wood Window Alliance to produce bespoke life cycle assessments for members’ products. It revolutionises the way that Environmental Product Declarations can be produced and takes us one step closer to these declarations hitting the mainstream. The results can inform assessments for ISO 14001, EN 15804 (the European standard for the sustainability of construction products) and other environmental management systems, and can feed into BIM (Building Information Modelling).
Introduction to the Project: Iain McIlwee, CEO British Woodworking Federation
How LINA revolutionises Life Cycle Assessments: Shamir Ghumra, Director, Centre for Sustainable Products
The importance of understanding sustainability in reducing our environmental footprint: Beatrix Richards, Head of Corporate Stewardship – Sustainable Commodities,WWF-UK