About this event
The Marlborough Sports Garden is in the heart of an urban community located behind the very busy Borough High Street in the London Borough of Southwark. In 2021, Bankside Open Spaces Trust (BOST) appointed architects Cullinan Studio to realise its vision to create a sustainable, attractively designed and well-managed community space to support the health and wellbeing of local residents.
Discover more about the ambitions of Marlborough Sports Garden at our free event. Hear from Bankside Open Spaces Trust on what they are aiming to achieve, including a focus on the environment. Meet the Architects responsible for the gardens new design and how it will best serve the local area, as well as meet ambitious sustainability, health and wellbeing targets. Finally, learn how the project has become a live case study for the Zero Avoidable Packaging Waste in Construction Project (ZAP), pioneering ways in which to help stop the vast amount of single use plastic packing that the construction industry produces.
- 13:45 Arrival
- 14:00 Welcome – Tim Wood, BOST
- 14:10 Marlborough Sports Garden project overview – Tim Wood, BOST
- About the Marlborough Sports Garden and BOST’s ambitions for the project
- A community space for the neighbourhood
- Circular economy brief
- 14:30 Design decisions – Carol Costello, Cullinan Studio
- A space with community in mind
- Designing sustainably for a greener future
- 14:50 The ZAP Project – Katherine Adams, ASBP and Larry Tate, ASBP
- The ASBP
- About the ZAP project and why it is necessary
- A plastic packaging free vision for Marlborough Sports Garden
- 15:10 Q&A
- 15:25 Closing comments – Jack Harrison, BOST
- 15:30 Tea & biscuits and networking
- 16:00 Close
- Date: Thursday 27th April 2023
- Time: 14:00-16:00
- Cost: Free (registration essential)
- Location: Marlborough Sports Garden, 11 – 25 Union St, London SE1 1SD.
- Please note this event is outdoors. We will get in contact with the wet weather contingency plan a few days before the event if necessary.