Join project partners from the UK and France for a closing event for the EU-funded BIO-CIRC project, which has been exploring the innovative reuse of waste polyester duvets in construction.
Register for this free-to-attend ‘hybrid’ event to hear more about the findings of the 2-year research project!
BIO-CIRC (Bio and Circular Insulation for Resourceful Construction) is an ERDF-funded research project that is investigating the waste bedding sector in the UK and France, and the potential reuse of polyester duvets, which currently suffer from poor recycling rates and sanitary issues.
On the main outputs of the project will be the creation of a number of innovative insulation prototypes made from re-fiberised polyester from waste bedding, with the aim of providing solutions for the construction industry which can contribute towards both net zero and circular economy ambitions.
Find out more about BIO-CIRC – https://asbp.org.uk/bio-circ.
- Katherine ADAMS, Technical Director, ASBP
- Nicolas DUTREIX, Associate Director, Nomadéis
- Chris BROOKMAN, Founder, Back to Earth
- Cloé DUGRILLON, Consultant, Nomadéis
- Richard BROAD, Projects & Communications Manager, ASBP
- Hugo BACRY, Analyst, Nomadéis
- Mark LYNN, Managing Director, Eden Renewable Innovations Limited
- Léonore BONNET, Consultant, Nomadéis
- Guillaume LAULAN, Project Manager, Nomadéis
- Tristan GIRARDON, Analyst, Nomadéis
14:30 Registration for in-person attendees and tour of eco material showroom EDGE
15:00 Welcome and overview of the project
15:20 Existing situation for polyester duvet waste stream: Barriers and enablers
15:35 Opportunities for reuse of waste polyester bedding as insulation
15:55 Short comfort break
16:00 Technical research findings – Life Cycle Analysis (LCA); economic analysis of the industrial process; market intelligence and growth potential of natural and recycled fibre insulation (NRFI); review of the air quality benefits of NRFI; impacts on local employment.
16:25 Characteristics and performance of the insulation prototypes
16:40 Q&A, perspectives, potential follow-up projects
- Date: Monday 13th June 2022
- Time: 15:00-17:00
- Cost: FREE, registration essential
- Location: Hybrid event – In-person at EDGE Showroom (146 Marylebone Road, NW1 5PH, London) and online (Zoom)
The BIO-CIRC project has been awarded by the Interreg VA France (Channel) England programme, which is co-financed by the ERDF. The European Union (ERDF) will fund 80% of the project budget, which amounts to about €500,000 overall (€399,600 from ERDF).
The programme is a Cross Border European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) Programme which aims at supporting the development of the France (Channel) England area in line with the goals of the 2020 Europe strategy to create jobs and smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
Find out more at https://www.channelmanche.com.