Partel provided the cross-laminated timber structure for this new-build residential in Hertfordshire which was externally insulated with 160mm to 180mm of Schneider Holz wood fibre insulation. The building fabric is secured with a range of airtight tapes and high performance membranes all supplied by Partel.
Trunk CLT, headed by Mike Jacob, a Chartered Construction Manager and Certified Passivhaus Tradesperson and Jim Johnstone, a solid timber construction industry specialist, provided a full design, engineering, and supply and erection service.
With extensive forward planning at each junction the designers have been able to minimise heat losses from both an airtightness and thermal bridging point of view. Designing to this level of detail can be time consuming but is critical towards achieving long term thermal efficiency and a comfortable internal environment. The contractors manage to keep the project build time on track in other areas of the project such as the erection of principle structure, which was assembled in just two days.
- Highly insulated floor slab
- Fully constructed CLT core framework
- Internal airtightness and vapour check layer DB90 from AMPACK
- Externally insulated by Schneider Holz wood fibre insulation
- UV stable Monolithic TPU technology using Amapatop F Black from AMPACK
- Counter batten and beautifully finished with cedar cladding