ASBP and GHA are part of the SDF Alliance and have both been at the forefront of the sustainable built environment agenda for over 10 years. They are looking to expand their teams as their activities and membership continue to grow over the next decade.
The diverse roles will include providing essential support across a wide range of activities including communications/ marketing, events management, membership recruitment and research projects.
Job title: Communications, Marketing & Membership Assistant
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, rounded individual, preferably with experience of working in small teams. You will be a self-starter, motivated and an effective networker.
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, have knowledge or be quick to learn about a wide range of sustainable building aspects, including building products, net zero housing, embodied carbon, health and well-being, and more.
You will be highly organised and have a passion for effective marketing, with good digital and communication skills. Experience of design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), email marketing (Mailchimp) and content management systems/web design (WordPress) is highly desirable, but training can be provided.
Please note, this is predominantly a communications/administration role and not a scientific/technical role, but there may be opportunities to diversify for the right candidate.
Ideally, you will be educated to graduate level in a built environment related discipline, with at least 1 years’ relevant work or placement experience.
What the role will involve:
- Websites – Updating websites (WordPress) with news, resources and events. Some coding experience (i.e. CSS, HTML) is desirable but not essential.
- Events – Help organise & deliver a busy events programme including webinars, workshops, trade shows, and conferences. Duties to include liaising with attendees (joining instructions, agendas, minutes), video editing/uploading and managing event bookings (Eventbrite).
- Copywriting – Write regular bespoke mailshots/newsletters, draft press releases and edit/format briefing and position papers.
- Marketing/design content – Help create original marketing content (web, flyers, banners) for events, campaigns and trade shows.
- Case studies – Writing and gathering information for best-practice building product and project case studies
- Contacts – Update and maintain contact lists including mailing lists, members and press.
- Membership – Liaise with our diverse, cross-sector membership alliances including recruitment, renewals and ongoing member engagement.
- Social media – Support with social media strategies and posts, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Research – Assist with project management and communications arising from research projects. Recent research projects have included creating overheating guidance for new homes, investigating circular economy business models/product reuse and developing innovative prototype insulation materials from waste sources and agricultural co-products.
- Campaigns/awards – Assist with campaigns and awards programmes such as GHA’s Build Net Zero Now campaign and the ASBP Awards.
- Cross-border collaboration – Work alongside European partners such as the ecolabel and association natureplus; IBO and French consultancy Nomadeis.
- Working groups/meetings – Support special interest working/steering groups, including minute/note taking, calendar invites and administration.
The role is permanent and full time. It is intended that your time will be split between ASBP (3 days) and GHA (2 days). This allocation may change depending on workload if the contract is extended.
The successful applicant will commence the role in January/February 2021. New employees will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.
The salary for the role is between £23,000-£25,000, depending on skillset and experience. Please note your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We want to help you develop your skills and it is anticipated that you will improve your knowledge across a wide range of sustainability and construction topics. We operate in small teams and have close interactions with our Boards, comprising of a number of industry-leading experts in their fields.
Reports to: ASBP Director and GHA Programmes Director; line managed by ASBP/GHA Communications & Project Manager.
Based at: Our staff are based throughout the UK so remote/home working is required primarily.
ASBP and GHA have shared office space in London at The Foundry, 5 Baldwin Terrace, London N1 7RU, which we use for meetings. All staff are currently working remotely full-time due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter (no more than one side of A4) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th December 2020.
- If you have strong design skills, please attach some examples of your work (2-3 images) with your application.
- If you have brilliant communication/copywriting skills, please provide evidence/links to articles or campaigns that you were responsible for.
Online interviews (Zoom) will take place in the first week of January with the intention of work starting in mid-January/early February 2021.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint someone before the deadline if an ideal candidate comes forward before that date.