The ASBP Awards recognises construction projects which exemplify excellence in sustainability through their products, design and delivery. The focus is on 6 elements underpinning the sustainability of construction projects – The ASBP’s ‘Six Pillars of Sustainable Construction‘.
Who can enter?
- The awards are open to both new build and retrofit projects.
- Projects must have been completed by July 2019.
- If following a step-by-step retrofit approach, at least the first step of the planned retrofit must be complete by July 2019. Evidence of the further planned steps as part of the overall retrofit plan should be referenced to in the submission.
- Projects must be located within the United Kingdom.
- Projects previously entered into the ASBP Awards 2019 may not be submitted again this year. Previous applicants may submit an alternative project.
- Entries are welcomed from any member/company in the project team (i.e. architect, consultant, client, contractor, product manufacturer/supplier).
- Joint submissions from more than one company in the project team are welcomed.
- Companies located outside of the United Kingdom can apply, as long as the project is situated within the UK.
- Projects that highlight how a particular building product has allowed the project to excel will be favoured.
- Measured performance data is not necessary for submission, but is also favoured.
When can I enter?
- The ASBP Awards 2020 open for entries on 1st August 2019
- The awards close for entries on 7th October 2019 (extended from 30th September)
Is there an entry fee?
- The ASBP Awards are free to enter.
How do I make a submission?
- Complete the Submission Document (download template). This is where you can explain in detail how your project excels in across the ASBP’s ‘Six Pillars of Sustainable Construction‘. You can also attach any supporting information such as plans, graphs and photos.
- Fill in the online submission form with key information about yourself, the project, and which category you wish the project to be entered for. You must also attach the completed Submission Document as a Powerpoint or PDF file.
- Note, you may submit more than one entry but this must be done individually via the online submission form. Multiple projects entered on one submission form will not be accepted and you will have to resubmit your entry.
- Submit your entry. Good luck!
When will the shortlist/winners be announced?
- The awards will be judged by the ASBP Board in October 2019
- A shortlist will be announced in early November 2019.
- Shortlisted projects will be asked to host a judges’ site visit during late 2019.
- The ASBP Awards 2020 overall winners and commended projects will be announced at the ASBP’s 4th Healthy Buildings Conference and Expo which will take place in London on Thursday 27th February 2020.